Heidi: Awe, that's so nice! I saw the pictures. Your family went for a picnic
and your kid ate an ice-cream.
..........
Heidi: Oh...uh what did we do?? Well,
my son ate dead flies out of the patio door track today. We also went and dispatched
some gophers as our family activity.
....…..
Heidi: Yes, he is in his PJ's
already... Daddy came home early but that still means after bath time for our
family.
![]() |
| He looks serious but that is because he took his job as a gopher spotter seriously. Check out those teething cheeks. |
Rhett's perspective...
I don't fully understand what just
happened this evening but it was fun for me to watch. I hope it was fun for
mommy and daddy too. Like most good farm stories it started with a twinkle in
Daddy's eye and mom not wanting to miss out.
It was the end of a long workday
and mom was trying to get me to sleep. I didn't want to and tried to tell her as much. I don't know why
she keeps trying so hard. I needed to wait up for daddy to get home... she knows
that... not sure why she thinks I could go to sleep without seeing him. She can be so stubborn when it comes to bedtime. I usually win but I try not to rub it in her face too much.
Anyways, Mom said she had all these projects on the go and a few things she wanted
help with. When daddy came home he simply said, "I am going out to get
those gophers." And just like that, he walked back out the door. As I see it mom had 2 choices; she could be grumpy and complain that he wasn't
prioritizing house stuff 0r she could seize the opportunity, ignore her rumbling belly, and go
do something she had never done before.
I am glad we went out with
daddy. We would have missed out on so much fun if she would have been grumbling.
I had already had a bath but that was fine because I did the spotting/supervising and they did the running around. Mom held the
hose and filled the buckets with water. Sometimes she would even walk around with the hose filling/hanging out of a bucket in one hand and push the stroller with the other hand to get us to the next
target location.
![]() |
| Daddy showing me how to drive the tractors. |
It wasn't a very smooth ride. I may need to
check the shocks on that stroller. Dad has been letting me play with his
1/64 scale tractors and teaching me to look at all our equipment. If he takes
care of those little tractors so well from when he was a boy he must take really good care
of the big ones on the farm too. I am not allowed to inspect the big equipment yet but I am
sure he wouldn't mind if I did some minor repairs on the stroller wheels. So
far with most new things my favorite approach is the observe... gentle touch... hard grasp... tongue
taste then full-on soaker hose suck and chew. I hear it is a different approach to most inspections that are done but it is working for me.
Anyways, back to the gophers. Mom
was filling the buckets and dad was whizzing around from hole to hole with his
buckets and shovel. And that is saying
something because not much gets him running these days haha. I plan to
change that and it was good to see what his endurance level was like. I think
we can improve upon it just a bit. I may warm him up
with a few bathrooms runs. I have been helping my mom get extra exercise by opening the bathroom door and making my way over to suck on the
toilet. That always gets her moving hehe
We worked until I was exhausted from
watching and all the remaining gophers had gone to bed. It was a pretty
exciting night. Mom thinks she played me out with all this fresh air and
excitement. I am really tired and was thinking of going straight to bed. On the other hand, I am always up for a good cuddle and my teeth are hurting. I have decided to see if I can convince her
to go to bed with me for a little while. Crying so hard I start
hyperventilating and chocking on snot so that I throw up seemed to work well last time. I think I will give that a
try and see how it goes.
Gopher hunting is great fun.
I hope we
do it again as a family real soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment