Saturday, June 27, 2020

Chicken Run

Late evening joy ride!
Rhett has a funny way of going to sleep. He often goes down and after only an hour wakes again. Well, tonight he got to stay up and go on a chicken run. The extended family already has a few chickens that lay eggs, called layers, but we would like to get a few more to better supply the three families connected with the farm. Carrington and I also wanted to get some cute Americana chicks that will one day lay blue eggs. Right now we do not have any animals on our yard and I have really missed seeing them every day. I am hoping to put the chicks on our yard soon.
Oh my son, you make my heart so happy when I see you look at your Daddy. You already look up to him so much and have him wrapped around your little finger. You want to be everywhere he is, doing whatever he is doing, eating whatever he is eating... and oh the laughs you two already share.
.
.
.
Side Note: For those who may have been concerned.... this is Carrington's small Ranger truck (not Rhett's normal vehicle) with no proper back seat for a car-seat. There are no airbags on the passenger side and his car-seat was fully strapped in for the 10 miles or so of grid road driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Peace

 When we are low God gives us a glimpse of beautiful moments.     I was up early gathering water samples. I stopped the quad by a slough and...