Friday, June 26, 2020

But I Wanted A Bath!

I roll over in bed and blink my eyes, fumbling for my glasses on the nightstand.

6:05am

    As my brain clears I hear you babbling to yourself in the crib. I guess this means we are up for the day. Once you start telling stories there is no going back to sleep for you my son. I wonder which parent you take after in that regard. My husband of few words or.... well you get the picture.

    I say a quick prayer of thanksgiving as you did pretty good last night. Still feed a little over every 2h but I count it a win as I got to sleep in my bed.... the whole night... without co-sleeping in the spare room to keep you sleeping. That is a celebration moment already in my day!

    'Good morning my son. It is good to see you' I whisper as I walk into his room. He greats me with a wide toothy grin, a 'hummhuh', and promptly chomps down on the crib rail. He is getting so big. My mom's heart swells with pride.

    I grab the nursing pillow and scoop him out of bed. 'You must be hungry my little man' I softly say as I pat him on the back...

Squish...

Ummmm...

Oh boy!


    My thoughts of getting a nice breakfast of eggs and bacon completely ready before Daddy wakes up goes out the window. This my friends is no small leak. I had just planted my hand in a full back blowout situation... this calls for a bath. 

    While his splashes soaked me and his shouts of glee filled the bathroom I reflected on the previous night. We had been out at the farm later than expected and though I had told him he would get a bath once home I had to go back on my word and skip the bath so he wouldn't become overtired and entirely refuse to sleep. My son may only be 8 months old but often it feels as if he truly knows what I am talking about.... especially when it comes to bath time and anything relating to Daddy. I am almost positive that due to not getting a bath last night he became a bit upset and made CERTAIN he would get one this morning.

My son, my son...
    You are now squeaky clean. I am so soaked you may say I had a bath as well. Breakfast is cooking and Dad is comically smiling at both of us. What will the day hold? No one but God knows... and I am sure He is smiling and chuckling about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Peace

 When we are low God gives us a glimpse of beautiful moments.     I was up early gathering water samples. I stopped the quad by a slough and...