Saturday, July 4, 2020

9 Months On The Outside

I am a day late with my 9-month update and it is all mommy’s fault. She took me to the beach for the first time and totally tuckered me out. However, she assured me you would all still want to hear how this last month has gone.
I have really been working on my smile! You all look so funny with your wide-tooth grins that I tried to give it a go. I did it a lot at the beginning of the month but a few days ago suddenly stopped. Mom is a bit sad because she called it the horsy face and she said it was so cute it made everyone chuckle when they saw it. *pic at the bottom
We have been doing lots around the yard and I love being outside. I love pulling up the grass to eat it and I just recently realized that even though it is prickly it is safe to crawl on so now mommy can’t leave me in one spot to do her gardening. We have gone gopher and raccoon hunting, outdoor swimming, deck building, cow tagging, baby animal pickups, and I even got to ride on the lawnmower with my own hearing protection!
My favourite indoor chores are moping or sweeping the floor, checking to see if the fridge is still cold inside, sneakily spreading my toys around and playing ‘Trip up Mom’, as well as emptying the bottom cupboards of everything, pots and pans, cutting boards and my all-time favourite… the basket of Tupperware lids.
I have always enjoyed water but have started really expressing it. I like swimming at the neighbour's house in their cattle trough pool and handle cold water better then mom does! Bath time is a blast and I do a good job of splashing away and seeing how much of mom I can soak. I had a good time at the beach but the big open water and the extra cold temperature made me a little nervous. I did spend some time in a little pool they made for me but the real fun was scrunching my hands in the sand and seeing how fast I could shovel it into my mouth before someone stopped me. That really got me giggling.

I pull myself up to standing on anything that can handle my weight… and of course, some things that can’t however, I am pretty good at bouncing back after a fall. I still prefer crawling to trying to walk but I know that will come soon. I didn’t cut any teeth this month!! Surprise surprise. I’m still sitting at 6 teeth but was working hard at it and am frustrated the next two are popping up and down which is new for me. I have been in size 4 diapers since 7 months old but I am trying the new pull-on style! I move around so much and my legs are so hefty that they can get sores from the other ones. Mom wanted me to mention it because she thinks there may be other moms that could really benefit from knowing pull-on styles start as small as size 4.
Some of the things I am working on are; swallowing food. I make a great food chopper but would rather let it go into my bib then actually swallow it, respecting gravity when it comes to the stairs. I like sitting right on the very top step and worrying mommy. I think I like going up but only when I am really confident and daddy is on the other side to encourage me. I say Ma-ma really well and mom gets excited until she realizes I am just talking to my toy police car hehe.
So that is all for now. I will see you in another month. I am looking forward to seeing more and more people in person as the world continues to change. My best-behaved days are when I out of the house… mommy really gets boring after a while.
See ya later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Peace

 When we are low God gives us a glimpse of beautiful moments.     I was up early gathering water samples. I stopped the quad by a slough and...