Hey Daddy! Don't forget your lunch. I wish I could come with you. I will stay up till you get home... Mom would prefer if you don't stay out to late.
Anyone else's dear child head over heels in love with their daddy? I know he is only 8 months old but sometimes I am positive he knows what I mean by 'maybe daddy will be home soon.' Then if the farm holds my husband up, my boy waits and waits and waits.... fending off sleep until he is home. It could be 8 pm, 9 pm or even 10 pm but he waits... and mommy waits too. We both look forward to having our Farmer Man home once again.
Then the bedtime ritual starts again. The hugs and kisses, giggles and snorts. Sometimes I can get frustrated with all the energy when I so desperately want to go to bed. But then the Lord taps my shoulder and reminds me that this time is all too short. The last goodnights are said and kisses given. My worn-out man heads for the shower or even just straight to bed. I hold my boy tight, humming a tune, and rock my son to sleep... Praying he doesn't have too much energy and that I can snuggle into bed before too long.
Is it the perfect nighttime schedule? Absolutely not! But it is a routine... however crazy, and for now, it works for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment