Thursday, June 4, 2020

8 Months Old


As dad would say, just the facts….

    My name is Rhett Wylder and this month has definitely been a bit… well, Wylder I am 8 months old, have 6 teeth (working on another) and no one knows how heavy I am but I have tons of rolls. I enjoy hard foods that I can sink my teeth into. I am crawling, can stand on my own when holding onto something and have pulled myself up on the edge of the tub and in my crib a few times. I am ready to go go GO!


    Now as mommy would say…. Get ready for a story!
6 Teeth!
Chomp, chomp, chomp...
Hiya! Rhett here. It has been another month since we updated you last. A lot has happened this last month. I cut another two teeth which bring me up to 6 teeth in total. I am still feeding from mom and I try to be careful with my chompers but I do have a bit of an attitude and if I get angry I have been known to bite… I even bit Opa’s shoulder but that was just because it looked tasty at the moment. I tricked mom a few days ago into thinking we were done with the teeth for a little while... She is so gullible. I am back at it and I will likely be cutting another 1 or 2 teeth this month. That means I would be 8 months with 8 teeth which is awesome! I will be able to have eating competitions with daddy real soon. I enjoy solid foods that I can sink my teeth into, like carrots, pickles, eggs, hunks of meat, and the like. Mushy food is not for me and I will put up a stubborn fight. 
I dumped over Daddy's water jug and pulled the spout open.
Then I proceeded to suck the water off the floor and soak my shirt in the process.
    I am also crawling about 75% of the time. I tried the swimmers crawl first and even though I am still faster at that, I have found the two hands and two knees work really well. Occasionally I try to bear crawl, but those bears have me beat and I just land on my face. I still use the swimmer's crawl when mommy catches me in the bathroom and I am trying to make a speedy getaway.


Oooo what is this? Inspect it, taste it... Yup this is a good one.
I will add this tub plug to my toy collection. 
    By the way, the bathroom is my favorite room. I love licking the bottom..... of the toilet! I have no idea why she won’t let me do that.

    We were going to do the photos this morning but yesterday I had waited all day to see daddy and I wasn't going to give in, even if it was past 9pm. My daddy is so crazy! Mom says he riles me up but between you and me I am the one riling him up! Since all of us were wound up we decided to take the 8-month photo in my favorite room with my favorite toys. Mom has all these colourful noise-making toys that are supposed to be grand… but who is she kidding?! These are my favorites... A basting brush, spatula, cutting board, metal spoon, empty cream bottle, and the oven mitt that fell on the floor. Once it hits the floor it is on my turf and I have dibs on it.

    My other favorite things are grating my teeth on the oven door handle, the register, or the freezer grate. I especially like the sound it makes…. similar to fingernails on a chalkboard. Mom says it sends shivers up her back… I think that is a good thing, right? 

Watching all the activity in the store parking lot.
    Well, I could go on and on. I do love to talk, when I am around new people I am not shy but I am very observant. I don’t like to smile right away and instead give them my poker face. But after I have assessed the situation, I usually warm right up and if you are lucky you may get to hear one of my stories. I like to compete with mommy and yell the stories at the top of my lungs. I sound angry, but those are just the dramatic parts of the story. 

    

Well, see you in a month!

Finished visiting Daddy at the farm which always puts me in a good mood.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Peace

 When we are low God gives us a glimpse of beautiful moments.     I was up early gathering water samples. I stopped the quad by a slough and...